Tuesday, 31 December 2013

The Books With Wine and Chocolate Awards 2013

I have decided instead of listing my favourite books of the year I will have them in categories. I have reviewed forty books this year and read a few more I haven't got around to reviewing yet.
These are only a few I wanted to make a special mention of as all of the books I have reviewed this year are well worth a read.
The coming year will be filled with more reviews of some great new books and some older ones. I will be listing some of them next week.
 Until then, enjoy welcoming in the new year and thank you all the authors, publishers and PR people who have asked me to review their books and  to you everyone who has read my blog especially if you have left a comment,they mean so much as it tells me that someone is reading this. Thank you all!

The Books with Wine and Chocolate Awards 2013



The award for the books that made me laugh
Goodness, Grace and Me  by Julie Houston 


 
How to Breed Sheep and English eccentrics by Valerie Poore 





The award for the books that made me cry 
A Pledge of Silence by Flora J. Soloman 




The Last Telegram by Liz Trenow 



The Letter by Kathryn Huges 


  
The award for the books I think most likey to be turned into a film

A Stitch in Time by Amanda James 



Mongol by Uuganaa Ramsay 



The Award for my books of the year 

The Forgotten Seamstress by Liz Trenow 




 Take a Look at me now by Miranda Dickinson

 




You can read my reviews of each book by just clicking on the title. Enjoy, with wine and chocolates of course!

6 comments:

  1. I am honoured to be listed here, Anne, but I am going to save this post for all the other books too. Some are on my wish list already, but I want to read the others too. Thank you again for all your wonderful reviews and your support as well. Happy New Year to you and your lovely family! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Val I really enjoyed it and looking forward to the next one. Thanks for always leaving a comment.

      Delete
  2. So chuffed, Anne! I hope it is made into a film :) Happy New Year! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. I too shall keep this blog post, assuming I get time to do a little more reading than I did last year that is!

    ReplyDelete